Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ready to fill myself up

Thank you so very much for all your kind words yesterday. They meant so much.

The next 3 weeks of my life are gonna be filled with one long To-Do list. I am Co-Director of Young Women's Camp in my Church... and while I enjoy being with the Young Women in our church...camping is a whole other story. The great outdoors is highly over-rated;)

Thank goodness I have my dearest friend Kristin to help me during this time...I am hoping her attitude towards camping rubs off on me...she is a much better sport than me. Today we are headed to Sam's Club to gather all our food for camp. You see we are responsible for cooking meals during camp...over an open fire, outside. Really? Oh, yeah...I guess we are camping...in tents. Did I tell you how much I am not looking forward to camp?

But Kristin assures me this will be fun! So much FUN!.


FUN

–noun
1.
something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
2.
enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun.


"A picnic would be fun." It doesn't say anything about "Camping would be fun."

As much as I grumble and moan about this upcoming event...the fact remains...I am in charge. I am responsible for about 8 girls from the ages of 12 to 17. From June 6th-11th....Wish me luck;)

And really, I will try my best. I will smile and be positive and try my best to share with the girls. I will remember the phrase..."this too shall pass....."

The rest of my summer I am pretty excited about!! I am making plans to fill myself up with ART and WRITING and SPIRIT and HEALTH.



This is my summer to create from the heart and write with passion. This is the summer I get strong and healthy and love myself...my whole self.

  This is my summer....


I will be announcing a BIG give away later on in the week...one that I am BEYOND excited about!!!  You see I want YOU to fill your soul with peace and truth and creative inspiration. I want you to feel alive and self worth...this is one give away you won't want to miss!!!

Speaking of give aways...I had one last week. I will announce the winner during tomorrow's "Workdesk Wednesday" post. 


Have a fabulous day, girls;)

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your camping preparations, as well as all of your wonderful soul work! I always LOVE the idea of camping ahead of time, but somewhere in the middle of the night, lying in my tent, I wonder how on earth I got myself into this. Maybe you will be just the opposite...trepidation before, total enjoyment during! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet Leslie-I couldn't help but chuckle as I read your post (sorry!!) ...but I think you are going to enjoy camping...despite yourself!!! I think you are a natural mentor/guide/mother hen/teacher and so...once you are with these girls...you will forget that you have no bubble bath/kitchen/fluffy slippers and just...guide them and love them and be there for them. I can't wait to see how it goes...i am sure we will be reading about it on your blog!
    I am so looking forward to reading all about your summer of...being true to yourself! It seems like that Soul Restoration class is having great long term effects. I so want to take the class-no time right now though!!!
    Will miss you over the next little while but...be safe and have a grand time:)
    p.s. reading your post below...I know, stress can really get the best of us at times. I find that doing yoga (or even a few stretches and breathing) really helps with neck pain and ...general anxiety. also..writing in my journal!Oh! and the occasional chocolate (Godiva!!)-xxx Soraya

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!