Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What's on My Work Desk (backgrounds!)

I just LOVE Wednesdays!! It is a blast hopping around Blogland seeing what other creative ladies are doing!! Be sure and stop by Stamping Ground for over 100 work space and project ideas...

I am currently reading a wonderful book called "Art at the Speed of Life" by Pam Carriker. Pam suggests that at any given moment we should have several projects in the works and if we have the Mod Podge out then why not put it to good use and use it on several projects rather than just one.

I couldn't agree more!

So yesterday I headed to my space and created these....

Four backgrounds for my Brave Art Girls. The one on the middle is for my daughter Em. She turns 14 this Sunday and I am surprising her with a girl of her very own!

Here's the fourth one close-up...

The next step is to paint each one and shabby them up quite a bit. Love this!!

And while I was hard at work creating these my sweet girl was up to this...

Spending time in her outdoor studio painting flowers and sunshines:)

Thanks for stopping by today!! What's on YOUR Work Desk today??

17 comments:

  1. Love those backgrounds, very creative! What a lovely outdoor space too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that looks like a fun idea for backgrounds. xx Leo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely way to spend the day! Thanks for reminding us to feed that creative side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to be able to craft outdoors so early in the year. Great post ...
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS... you asked what is Scouse ( I knew someone would!)... it is the local dish of Liverpool, England.. a form of stew we eat with pickled red cabbage. It feeds a whole family from one pan and every family has a variation of the recipe.
    Liverpool people are colloquially called "Scousers"! So I, and the Beatles too are all Scousers!!
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great backgrounds -- look forward to seeing them finished.
    Have a great week and happy birthday on Sunday to the flower girl
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having several projects on the go at once is a must isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh an outdoor studio - how lovely. Your cnavas beginnings are already a delight. Another book to check out; the theory sure makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the whole idea of multiple projects on the go ... PC certainly has a good idea there! An outdoor studio in the sunshine ... looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, your daughter is lucky to be painting outside. Too cold and windy at the moment!! Brrr!! Nice backgrounds you have there! Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your backgrounds look great! What a sweet and meaningful gift you are creating for your daughter. I love that she has the "arty gene" too! (Just saw my blog over there on the side. Thank you so much!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the backgrounds, can't wait to see the end result! :)
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really really really really REALLY REALLY love these! I think you are finding your niche, my dear. These are so cool - and I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    And no WONDER why I adore Em so much ... my birthday is Saturday . . . OF COURSE I would adore her! ;) Please wish her a wonderful Happy Birthday from me to her!

    Have a great remainder of the week, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Leslie-I love your backgrounds and can't wait to see how they turn out. Also-would love to see how you "shabby them up"!! Love the outdoor studio-your daughter has the right idea!!
    We are still sick over here but...hopefully at the tail end of things. thank yous o much for your encouraging and sweet comments.
    P.S. I hope the fundraiser went well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. I LOVE your new background-so creatively cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What neat backgrounds! Looking forward to seeign the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely backgrounds and a great surprise for your daughter. Love the outdoor studio she's working in and I hope she has a happy birthday at the weekend.

    Hugs
    Brenda 84

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!