Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunshine & other things...






Oh, today the sun is OUT! It is shining and it is beautiful!!




Isn't it amazing how much the weather affects some of us? I don't know about you...but a few gloomy days is okay...but after awhile it is depressing!

I wanted to give you all an update on our 11 year-old friend Lizzy. She suffered a  major stroke 3 weeks ago and is currently in the hospital. First I must thank so many of you who have donated items to the Benefit Dinner and Auction coming up May 6th. Everything is appreciated. Our goal is to raise $15,000 for the Smith Family to help with expenses.

Lizzy is recovering nicely...her mom, Julie sends out e-mails every Monday...there are so many people worried and praying! A few days ago she squeezed her Mom and Dad's hand {huge step!!} and she is walking a bit with help from a walker. Still having difficulty with parts of speech and reading...but the doctors are confident that will return in time. They still have a long road ahead of them but what an amazing family! Their faith is very strong and their attitude is nothing but positive....quite an example to everyone.

So, have you been working on any projects? I signed up to do the April Art Journaling Challenge and I am taking Christy Tomlinson's "She Art" class that starts Monday. Soooooo excited!!!

Happy Tuesday, Girls;)

What are you passionate about these days?

2 comments:

  1. Oh Leslie, it's so sad to hear about your friend Lizzy. My stepfather had a major stroke in November, and it's hard enough to accept in a 65-year-old; it's almost unbearable in an 11-year-old.

    I've only just come to your blog, and am looking forward to reading some of the older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to get an update. I have been praying for her and her parents.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!