Monday, April 18, 2011

Doing what you love

"The world belongs to the energetic."  -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Art Journal page from Friday

With so much going on in my life I have been asking myself...how am I gonna get everything done without feeling 100% overwhelmed and burned out?


The answer came to me yesterday during church. One of our church leaders gave an inspiring talk on work and service. It was exactly what my heart needed to hear. Funny how that works isn't it?;)


Over and over he said..."Work to exertion in the Lord". Everything we do we should do with love and kindness and thoughtfulness to others. Even when we are cleaning our homes, blogging or working from 9 to 5...know that working hard is what we are meant to do. Work and projects keep us happy and fulfilled.
I have been using images from children's books...love them!

"Continuity of purpose is one of the 
most essential ingredients of happiness in the long run, and 
for most men this comes
chiefly through their work."   -Bertrand Russell


So yes, I am busy, I am working hard at trying to do it all...knowing full well that "doing it all" is impossible....


A page in progress...
I am making lists to stay organized and enlisting the help of others...so grateful for each one of them! I am taking time to walk outside, fully enjoying the new blooms and the vibrant, flowering trees.


Background for my She Art girl.
I am taking Christy Tomlinson's "She Art" class...so grateful I have a full 3 months for that! Just taking it slow and savoring the time I do have to work on it...I really should say making time for...


Another She Art background.
Most of all I am trying to remember that every, single thing I am involved in is so, very, very good.

"Only he is successful in his business
who makes that pursuit which
affords him the highest pleasure sustain him."

                                -Henry David Thoreau


How do you fill your days? Do you work outside the home? Are you fulfilled? Is your work, really not work at all? Is there a way you can look at what you do with a pair of fresh eyes?

8 comments:

  1. Love your message today on your blog. Yes the plat is always full. But with Him I always have more than enough tiem to complete it all. Do I feel like I can not really. But somehow it always works out.
    I do work outside the home. I have forever. Which means I wear many many hats.
    But I love what I do. I once heard that you you do what you love you will never work a day in your life. So I guess I dont feel like I work at all. Im not sure that has always been the case but this point in my life it is.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Les, I appreciated the same talk yesterday. Just what I needed to hear. I wanted to walk outside this morning, but worried that it was a bit too cold. Aud has been a little sick. Hopefully it warms up soon! Happy Monday!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post today !! Very inspiring and I so love how God provids what we need to hear...just when we need it most !! We just need to listen ! I do not work outside the home any longer. I live with disabilities and daily pain. I now live alone after the death of my husband. I often have too much time on my hands...but.. I am finding my way and spending lots of time in my little studio. On the nice days (few and far between lately) I spend time out here on the farm with my 4 funny canine furbabys! lol !! Oh and I love your backgrounds for your She Art !! I so loved takng Christy's class...she is just too cute !! lol !! Enjoy ! I am busy with Soul Restoration and 6 other art classes...what as I thinking ?! Lol !! It's all good.. self paced. Well... Rattled on long enough...lol !! Hugs... Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore your post and your pages, my friend. I love to watch how your art has evolved and grown the past year . . . AND how your spirit shines through in every single thing that you do. I am blessed to have you in my life, Les. And your reminders of the importance of each day really couldn't come at a better time. Love this whole thing. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post and just the reminder I needed today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful journal! I dont think I'll be able to do such creative things like you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. my plate runneth over as well...lol...but its better than having nothing to do...inagine how sad that would be...and boring...loving your quotes and your backgrounds...take care...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! so many of us feel as you do and this is an inspiration. your journal page and backgrounds are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!