Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just what I needed {Day 24}

Yesterday, if you stopped by...you may have noticed I seemed just a wee bit

cranky.

grumpy.

worn out.

I was.

I think I'm feeling better now.

My Challenge to you was to just listen to your soul and let it be your guide for the day. What did it want you to do.

All day my soul was telling me it wanted rest.

It wanted solitude.

It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts.  ~K.T. Jong

When our lives seem to be spinning our of control and are surrounded by chaos...this is when we need to stop and hear the whispers of truth

My energy level was low yesterday. To top it off it rained for most of the afternoon. My soul was telling me to put on my jammies and head downstairs for a leisurely few hours of creating.

However, there was too much to do including a trip to St. Joe for Jackson's orthodontist appointment. 

Strangely enough, it turned out to be a restful trip.


Jackson spent the 40 minute drive texting friends while I just let my mind wander about. 


Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.  ~Lorraine Hansberry, A Raisin in the Sun

Okay, so I wasn't just sitting, I was driving...but it was peaceful. I thought about all kinds of things...but mostly I thought about blog post ideas, project ideas and my goals for the fall {which I will be sharing here in a few weeks} 

After the appointment  I treated myself to a trip to Borders Bookstore where I found the most amazing book on collage techniques!! I can't wait to try all 24 ideas!!! It's like a "collage school". Exciting:)

Inside myself is a place where I live all alone, and that's where I renew my springs that never dry up.  ~Pearl Buck

Here is today's Challenge...

Creative Challenge Day #24:Today's Challenge may seem odd. But today I want you to go for a walk! Nearly 13 years ago fitness became an almost daily occurrence for me. My walks are almost sacred. I say that because of the way they make me feel. Refreshed, de-stressed and usually very, very happy. Many times I'm inspire...d during my walks. Getting our hearts pumping can give our creativity a boost!

 

 

What are your thoughts on solitude? When do you find yourself needing it the most? Please share!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, sweet Leslie . . . I just dedicated a post to YOU!!! With LOVE, my dear friend! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know what? I've had the blahs all day long... until now... and I am going to take your suggestion and go for a walk this evening. Just a short one, just before it gets too dark because by then it will be a balmy 98 degrees. And I think I'll take my camera along, just in case. :-) Thank you for giving me something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrrrgghh! My plan has been foiled! We are having one of our random evening thunderstorms. So now, I can't walk NOR can I do my next most favorite thing....take a long, hot bath! Waaaaaaaa - Oh well, there's always tomorrow! Goodnight ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Leslie-I love your post about solitude. So many times we just focus on the active/doing phase and seem to neglect our down time. I think (especially as creatives) we have to find a balance between the two-they both support the other. Some things I like to do for solitude is go for walk (like you!) , read something light, take an unexpected nap, take a tech break, bake...photograph, journal. I think we really need to listen to our bodies, ourSELVES. Like yesterday when you were feeling low; you intuitively knew you had to recharge.
    Also...thank you so much for all the kind comments you leave on my blog. Yes, the other day while I was regretting all the time that has passed, a fave piece of pottery broke. As I was holding the shards in my hand ,I felt it was a message from the Universe...telling mt to love all of my pieces. I felt so much more settled after that. I agree with you about walks being sacred...Buddhists use walks as a meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This worked out perfect for me. I started the run wed night so that was good. I'm like you and prefer the 6 hours everyday to do what I need to while my music's playing and the sun is bright. I love to open the french doors and listen to the fountain. It's the #2 thing I miss the most while working. The kids being the first of course. Anyhow, thanks the the thieves who broke into the car i've got 30 minutes of silence to and from work, to think about all sorts of things ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!