Friday, December 2, 2011

Heart JOY

Oh happy day!! It's Friday:)

I am linking up with "Joy Jam" today...what a great way to end my week...remembering all things that brought me JOY.

Remember I told you I had one more story to share  with you from my first show I did a few weeks ago? Well, I do and it touched my heart so much...I don't think I'll ever forget it.

So, I'm at the show. Ladies are stopping by, checking my work out. Some are buying and some just smile and tell me how much they love my work. As I finish wrapping up a sale I look up and notice a middle aged woman, somewhat disheveled looking, gazing intently at each one of my pieces. She never looks up...her eyes go from one piece to another. I can see that she's really getting my work. My words and images are speaking to her heart.

After several minutes she looks up at me and hands me a dollar bill. Puzzled, I tried to figure out what the dollar was for...she didn't have anything in her hand but my business card.

"That's my business card, Ma'am...you don't need to pay me for that."

"Oh, yes I do. You see I love your work but I can't afford to buy a piece so I'll just take this so I can keep it with me and remember these words."



Holding the card close to her heart, with tears welling in her eyes she gave me the dollar and turned to leave.

"Please don't stop what you're doing. It's so beautiful. People need to see your work."

If this had been my only sale of the day it would have been enough.

Thank you dear, sweet, kind lady for making my day and bringing JOY to my heart.






This man right here loves me. He gets me. He is my very best friend!! Dave you bring me JOY:)


We never thought we'd be able to have children. We tried for 4 years to have our son, Jackson. After tests, tests and more tests we found the problem and got pregnant!! What a JOY my life has been because of Jacks!!

Two and a half years later my sweet girl came along...Miss Em!


This is Em on the left with her friend Conner after the High School play a few weeks ago.

I think the greatest thing that has given me JOY this week is phrase...



I don't know about you...but it seems like I need to forgive myself daily. Each day something needs a fresh start. What a great JOY it is to know that yes, I can start today.


So what brings you JOY? What gifts have you noticed in your life this week??




9 comments:

  1. My friends bring so much joy into my life, both those in my family and the ones who are not. I learn so much from them, each one has unique talents and perspectives that enrich my life and make me a better person. People like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sweet Leslie, this is such a beautiful post and the story of that sweet lady that just admire your work made me teary! It is exactly one of the reason why i love what i do...the inspiration and the JOY a person can bring to our heart. Love love love the story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. This is also such a wonderful way to end the first week of the holiday season with gratitude! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, les!!!! I love this post. All of it!!! Thanks for sharing with us! YOU bring me joy, my friend. Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness! That story made me tear up! For me, it's not what beings me joy, but it's finding joy in whatever life brings. Keep on creating, you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for joining the "Joy Jam" this week. This is such a lovely post, thank you so much for sharing it all with us. Have a great weekend.

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful story about the woman at your show! Wauw...this makes me silent. Thanks for sharing and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beautiful story, Leslie! "I can start today" is such an inspirational thought. My word for 2011 was "Begin," and has held the same sort of motivation for me through all these months.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the story! Do as she said: keep doing beautiful things, people need to see art that make them smile! That is the best compliment an artist can receive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Leslie-I am SO SO glad that you didn't give up on painting (as you wrote about a few months ago on your blog)...you must follow your heart and your dreams. I am also glad that you are getting your work out there...it takes courage.You have such an amazing heart and ...a joy-FULL spirit. It just shines through in all your words and images. And the world needs more of that!!
    P.S. Thanks so much for all your support...I am so happy about being published:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!