Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Funky Vintage Lovely

December 20th?? Really??! Oh goodness...there is still sooo much to do!

But wait...I have decided not to run around like a maniac this year baking 3 kinds of cookies and 5 different candies and mailing out dozens of Christmas cards.

No.

This year I have decided to focus on my family and my Savior.

Em and I are making our family favorite candy, wrapping in a pretty cellophane bag and tying with a Christmas ribbon. I mailed out a few Christmas cards to friends and family that don't have Facebook and that's it. It feels good not to try and do it all this year:)

Okay...so we're on Day 3 of my 7 day "Favorite Blogs of the Past Month Tour".








Meet April. She is amazing! She is oh, so talented and works side by side with her husband creating "Funky Vintage Lovely" things for your home.

If I could afford everything she creates I would buy it all. And she is just so darling!! Every Wednesday she shares what she wears. Someday I hope to dress just like her...so my style:)






Here is a sample of her posts and her photos...they are so inspiring. I think half of my Pins on Pinterest are from April!!

Queen Bee Market
What I Wore
Her Shop

Stop by and Say Hi to the lovely April today!! Be sure and tell her I said HI.:)

Click here to day HI!



Have you cut down on some of the Holiday craziness?? What and how are you doing??

3 comments:

  1. AWWW....so sweet of you. Thank you so so much. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! I, too, am trying to focus this year on our Savior and service. Starting to freak out a bit though that I haven't really done a lot of shopping!! I guess it's hard to do both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol..i love April l too...have her iny blog list and visit her regularly...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how much of the holiday craziness I have cut down this year . . . and I have to tell you, I don't miss it one bit!! I was a big time baker during the holidays (usually 10 different cookies between my sister and I), and here we are - the 20th of December - and I haven't baked ONE COOKIE! I just don't have it in me. Maybe I'm depressed. Maybe I'm in some sort of fog. Right now, I'd rather look at the lights of my tree and hug my children. The cookies can wait till next year. Or, maybe not even then.

    We've also cut down on the gifts this year. Finances required that, but I feel better for it. I'm giving more handmade items, which makes me happier. And the commercial end of it can just have it's craziness without me.

    Hugs, my friend. Love seeing these bloggers that inspire you. Makes my heart feel good to share the love, you know? Happy Holidays, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!