Friday, January 13, 2017

Fitness Fridays: Starting Slow




For several years I sat on the couch. 
I was depressed.
I ate popcorn with half a stick of butter for comfort.
I gained nearly 20 pounds.

Now here I am at the highest weight ever 
and 
READY 
to 
BE 
the Change.

Last week I shared my ONE BIG GOAL for 2017.
It's to become a Runner (again!)

To start on my Journey to health I was tested in November for food sensitivities.
What I found out is changing my life.
I am sensitive to wheat, rye, barley...which means NO bread, rolls, pastries, etc. etc.
Also NO dairy.
No cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, ice cream, etc.
I am soooo happy about this. 
Seriously.

I have been on this plan for three weeks as of today.
My energy is returning.
I feel like doing something!!!
I am getting more steps into my day.
I am waking up to work out.
This is gonna be GREAT.
And honestly it hasn't been that hard and I am not missing any of those foods.
Which, btw, I ate all the time.
Cheese was a daily food for me.

Each day I am remembering this....




It's only January 13th. 
I am doing this.
I haven't lost weight yet...
but this weight didn't come on overnight.
It gradually crept up on me...
and it's gonna gradually melt away.

This year my Word is Perseverance.
WILL
Persevere.
I
WILL 
Run.

And I will keep coming back here every Friday to update you (and myself) on my progress.
Along the way I would LOVE to hear about YOU.
What BIG GOAL are you striving for this year.
How are you doing?
Let me know here or in my FB group...Mind.Body.Soul Art Journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!