Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Write Down Those Dreams

“The trouble is if you don’t spend your life yourself, other people spend it for you.” 
― Peter ShafferFive Finger Exercise: A Play

I need a new routine.
One that helps me be productive.
Lately I have just felt like I am spinning my wheels...
spending my days not accomplishing a whole lot.

That doesn't feel good.



I have been so inspired by my FB friend Kelli May Krenz and her #100 Days of You. In Day 5 she talks about planting our Dream Seeds. I LOVE the imagery of that!! Kelli reminds us to WRITE OUR DREAMS DOWN. I know that seems so simple yet I don't always do that...



So the rest of the week I am dedicating to writing down my Dreams. Each Dream gets a page so I can plan every little step to make it come true.


Here are some GREAT tips from Action for Happiness

To get the most from this action it is important that you:
  • Write things down
  • Commit to do it for at least 20 minutes a day for at least four days
  • Only try it if you think it will be a meaningful or challenging thing to do
Ready to try it? Ok here goes…
  1. Get set. Get yourself a notebook and a pen (or use your computer). Make sure you can have at least twenty minutes undisturbed. (We have done this action at home, in a café, even on the train).
  2. Imagine. Now imagine yourself in the future - say 5 or 10 years from now - after everything has gone as well as it possibly could from now. You've worked hard and succeeded at accomplishing all your life goals and made the most of your talent and potential. Think about all aspects of your life - your home, work, relationships, leisure activities etc.
  3. Start writing. Keep going for 20 minutes, or longer if you want to. Remember - there are no rules to this, just start to describe what comes into your mind about your dreams for the future. No need to try to 'get it right'. There is no right answer. This is for you, no one else need see it.
  4. Continue. Carry on doing this for another three days (or more if you want). You may want to read over what you wrote on previous days and continue from there, getting into more detail or new thoughts may have come to you.
  5. Reflect. After four days look back at everything you've written. What does it tell you about what you really want in life? What would really make you happy? Now, why not set your goals and make them happen.

What are YOUR Big Dreams? Do you even know what they are?? I think that's the hardest part sometimes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!