Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Does this sound like a Word of the Week?

So when I came up with this idea of choosing one WORD a week for one year to describe my life I had no idea I'd ever use this one...

STUFFED
to fill or cram (oneself, one's stomach, etc.) with food.


Pretty strange-huh?

You see last week my DH's cousins were here for their annual duck hunting trip. It seems while their minds are on birds, guns and man-talk my attention turns toward food. Company is here...who wants to cook? I mean the boys are going out everyday, having fun and enjoying lunch at some truck stop/dive while I stay home, all toasty warm heating up left-overs in my microwave. Don't I deserve to go out and let loose a bit? I mean, who wants to COOK when we can go out.

So everyday the boys would come home, ducks in hand, smiles on faces and guns over their shoulders. "Look what we shot, Les." they'd say. "Oh, that's great...hey, ya' wanna go out?" I'd reply.

Every night we picked some place new, anywhere my taste buds took me.(They would let me pick since I was the one staying home all day). I enjoyed homemade soups, fresh bread, salads and shrimp. None of my "healthy" food for me-no way! Ugh. By the end of the week I was

StuFfEd!!!


So, there ya' go...that's how I ended up with such an odd word for my week.
This week I'm back to eating my 6 small meals of proteins and carbs each day. I'm drinking lots of water and looking forward to becoming unstuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!