Monday, July 16, 2012

So Many Quotes!!

Art journaling has been my passion all summer long!! I can't get enough of painting backgrounds and writing down all my thoughts and ideas.



As part of my art journaling fun I have been playing along with Natalie Malik's Summer Journaling class.



It's a FREE course and full of Summer prompts to help you remember this special time of year.

I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite quotes all about Summer you can use in your journals. Enjoy:)




If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance.  ~Bern Williams




I question not if thrushes sing,
If roses load the air;
Beyond my heart I need not reach
When all is summer there.
~John Vance Cheney





Oh, the summer night
Has a smile of light
And she sits on a sapphire throne.
~Barry Cornwall







In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.  ~Albert Camus






The summer night is like a perfection of thought.  ~Wallace Stevens






In summer, the song sings itself.  ~William Carlos Williams







Press close, bare-bosomed Night! Press close, magnetic,
nourishing Night!
Night of south winds!  Night of the large, few stars!
Still, nodding Night!  Mad, naked, Summer Night!
~Walt Whitman







And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer. ~F. Scott Fitzgerald






Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass on a summer day listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is hardly a waste of time.  ~John Lubbock






Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language. ~Henry James







Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow







What have you been creating this summer???

2 comments:

  1. Some people just have a knack for art journaling. You are one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am sort of creating a fictional story. Can you believe it?? Yep.. I am inspired. Perhaps a short story??? I don't know...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!