Thursday, July 26, 2012

Busy Becoming

Brave Art by Leslie



All my life I had been looking for something,
 and everywhere I turned someone
 tried to tell me what it was. 
 I accepted their answers too,
 though they were often in contradiction
 and even self-contradictory. 
 I was naïve.
  I was looking for myself and asking everyone 
except myself questions which I, 
and only I, could answer. 
 It took me a long time 
and much painful boomeranging
 of my expectations to achieve
 a realization everyone else appears
 to have been born with:
  that I am nobody but myself. 

 ~Ralph Ellison, "Battle Royal"



I have been busy becoming.
Becoming who it is I'm meant to be.

Busy
 being kind 
to myself
and others.
Listening,
painting,
connecting.

Life is good 
right now.
I am on a 
new path 
and it feels
right
and good.

How
are 
YOU
?

4 comments:

  1. "Now with God's help I shall become myself." - Kierkegaard
    My favorite saying. Enjoyed your post, Les!
    Dana from California! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I've been battling my illness. Stress at work is adding to my flare up. I've been trying to find joy in little things but sometimes it all becomes too much.......

    I think the most difficult thing is finding OUR path - OURselves. It's interesting what others think our lives should be like.....

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, what a wonderful post! Love the sentiment and art!
    Thank you too for your visit and sweet comment - I'm so glad that you joined in the SOC when you could! I always love you around me, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Les...glad you are in a good place, glad it feels right and happy that you are becoming who you are supposed to be. It's a freeing feeling to know that you are doing something that brings you closer to the "real" you. (i speak of myself too) ;) Happy day to ya my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!