Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Memory Filled Summer

Our family farm


Summer is half over...it's hard to believe!! We have had so much fun in the past few weeks and wanted to share. The photo above was taken on Father's Day at our family farm. My Dad grew up here.



Isn't is BEAUTIFUL??

We come out here when we just want to get away and relax.



Dave wanted to come out on Father's Day...so we packed up a few snacks, drinks and books and headed out. My girl, Em and I chilled by Honey Creek. This was my Dad's favorite spot when he was a kid!

The Jackson Family Farm has been in our family since 1889!!!

We have been spending lots of time with my Mom. The older she gets the more I realize every moment with her is so precious!! We have been playing cards, going on mini trips and visiting. This is Jacks and Grams one summer day.




Jackson was able to go to Missouri Boys State a few weeks ago in Warrensburg. Seven life-changing days for my son!!


This is the day we dropped him off.


This summer I have been enjoying my studio more than ever. This is the one place I go and can say "Ahhhhhhh".



The same set of missionaries has been with us now since January and we couldn't be happier. Elder Scoubes and Elder Hall are amazing!!

Here is little Gizmo atop Elder Hall's head. Too silly:)



Elder Scoubes and Emma July 4th. They whipped up a batch of delicious carmel brownies for us.
Elder Jourdain Scoubes is a Division One college basketball player from California. He is 6 foot 7!! We adore him!!


My family reunion was last weekend in Carthage, Illinois. Here we are!!


It was a small bunch this year due to over 100 degree temperatures.

Despite the heat we forged ahead and enjoyed a lunch of chicken and various salads along with our annual pinata. I even gave it a try!


That night we headed to Warsaw for an air-conditioned eating experience:) Miss Emma and her cousin Jessica are beautiful!!



I think my favorite part of the trip were our nightly UNO card games in the hotel living room. FUN!!!









This weekend we will add to our Summer memories with the Hopkins Picnic. Next week is our county fair and before school Em and I are planning a Back to School shopping spree with the money she's earned baby sitting.

Stay-tuned....

What FUN things are YOU doing this summer??

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing these special moments of your summer, my friend. I have been having a wonderful summer, too, doing so much and enjoying all of it. Baseball games, trips to the city, cooking, baking, reading, writing (lots of writing) . . . not much painting (bummer), but still inspiring to my soul. WIshing you a wonderful remaining summer, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks so awesome, Leslie! The river on the farm is just gorgeous...I would love to spend an afternoon sitting by it just watching the water go by. And what an amazing sky! Great picture of you with the pinata, and your studio looks like such a fabulous place to work and play. Thanks for sharing such great peeks into your life.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!