Thursday, June 7, 2012

So much inspiration!!

Creativity doesn't always just happen. Your muse doesn't always want to come out to play. Sometimes we gotta work at it, feed it, inspire it...

Welcome to our Summer Art Challenge 2012. Here is the inspiration I gave you Monday...



Create something with these "Men Calling Cards" as your guide. How did you do??


Here are the projects I made...




Last March I purchased a 24 pack of tiny canvas's from Micheal's. They were on clearance and even though I had no idea what I would do with them at the time I knew I couldn't pass them up. The minute I saw these calling cards in 2011 Somerset Gallery magazine I knew what I would do...make a bunch of mini Brave Art pieces using mostly vintage girl images...





These were so fun to create....





I intend on using these small canvas's again and again.





This project also inspired me to use a star stamp over and over again for a background. It was perfect for the vintage-looking index card.




After stamping the star a dozen times or so in golden yellow I stamped over those using rustic brown...gives it an ages appearance.


Speaking of Index Cards....I am having a GRAND time creating an Index Card a Day. 




Daisy Yellow offers prompts each Friday to inspire you on your journey.



So far I have been making my index card at night...after the craziness of the day. It is so relaxing.

This one is my favorite so far...



Check out this awesome Challenge here. It's not too late to start.

And check out all the backgrounds I have ready to use over the next few months. Again...this was all inspired by the Men Calling Cards.



A close-up.



I encourage you to take 30 minutes out of your day and just make backgrounds like these. You may be surprised at how good you feel!!

Okay...on to our NEXT Challenge!!

I LOVE this...



The funkiness of it, the lettering...




and the borders. I love borders!!!




You can find this project starting on page 89. These beautiful pages were created by Linda Harre. You can find more of Linda's work here.

Remember....take this project and make it your own. 

Maybe your inspired by the borders {like me} or her use of altered magazine images. Maybe you like the lettering or colors. Take anything here and create something!! If you'd like to share be sure and post in our facebook group.

I leave you with my creative kitty...Oreo.




Enjoy your day!!!

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Les! I really really love those little canvas pieces, so very cool!

    Hope you and Em are feeling better!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I found some cool vintage images on pinterest but haven't had time to create during the week (work is over the top this week). So, Sunday is my play day. I know what I'm going to do though.....

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little canvasses Leslie! If you're looking for more vintage printable pictures go to ArtChix. They have free ones as long as you're not selling them.
    I hope Em is feeling better!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awsome Les!!!! Looks like so much fun! Tfs!
    ♥Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pieces! Your canvases are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear Leslie-how are you??? I haven't been over here in ages but...so happy to see you creating + inspiring and spreading art everywhere!!! How is your summer going? I love your new header BTW...so YOU!!! love these backgrounds you have created...so colorful and dishy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVELY! I love your new canvas!! So full of color and detail - and they look awesome all together like that! AND I love your new inspiration piece - the work is amazing, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how colorful your index cards are. Those canvases look like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great inspiration and challenges. Love the backgrounds for your ICADs. Oreo looks like a very special helper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. all of your projects are awesome, but i especially love your ICADS, they are soooooooo fun and so immediate and so very cool! (those backgrounds are amazing as well... i'm wondering where & when they will show up & in what context!!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Came from ICAD to check out your work and holy mama was I taken back! Loving all you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy moly there's a wealth of creativity in this post! Cards, ICADs and an adorable cat named Oreo. We had an Oreo once and she was a perfect cat. Miss her....sigh. Anyway, your art is so fun and I'm looking forward to seeing ICADs for the next couple months! Wish I had time to visit everyone each week, but that's a challenge. I'll do the best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with all the others, So creative! Thanks for sharing...Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much wonderfulness! Love all of your projects and need to go back three more times to soak them in some more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love your small canvases...they look awesome, Leslie! (And your kitty is SUPER cute!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!