Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Summer Art Challenge 2012



So yesterday I mentioned that this magazine from Somerset Studio was going to be my teacher this summer. I am sooo excited to share what I have planned!!

Remember this movie from a few summers back??


It is one of my very favorite movies and it's what inspired me to start "Words of Me Project". I just loved the whole idea of cooking your way through Julia Child's cookbook. And while I love to cook...I love creating a wee bit more.

So, I thought it would not only be fun but a challenge to "create my way through a book". I chose the Summer 2011 issue of Somerset Studio because it is filled with inspirational paper projects as well as many techniques I have never tried before. Sounds pretty sweet, right?


Here are a pile of tiny canvas's I painted a few weeks ago. Today I finished them using inspiration from the magazine. I can't wait to show you!!!

If you'd love to play along with me all summer long I would love to have you. Here's how it will work....

1. Every few days I'll post a project from the magazine.
2. You can re-create the project exactly OR take something you love about it and create something totally different...this is all about sparking creativity....so go wherever the muse takes you!
3. I will be posting my creation along with the original.
4. We will be using our Mind.Body.Soul. FB page to post our work if you want to play along.

I am excited at everything I will be learning this Summer!!!

Hope you'll join me:)


18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds intriguing, i'd like to have a go at this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Happy so many of you are wanting to participate!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll give it a try if i remember to buy the mag, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to buy, Jackie!! I will post the pages/projects:)

      Delete
  5. You are so inspiring! I love this idea . . . and if you recall, I really credit that movie for starting my blog life. And I love that you are following that movie as your inspiration for this next summer project. While I had good intentions to participate in your e-course (and, of course, wasn't able to do any of the prompts), I am hoping to do SOME of these suggestions this summer. LOVE this idea, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super cool idea, Leslie! Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on another fun idea! Sounds like so much fun ;) xo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definately in! You Rock with ideas.

    Hugs, Poe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh....i love that movie too....sounds wonderful Leslie ...i say it all yhete time but i love the look of that magazine but we snt have it here...the postage kills the overseas subscription....looking forward to seeing inside and your inspirations ....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Leslie,

    This is a GREAT idea! I'll have to see if I have that issue......

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you sweet Leslie (somehow I came up with your nickname - I always say Sweet Leslie!) - I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your beautiful family, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!