Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cleaning, Art and a Decision

Summer is in full swing in the Ackman household. Not the lazy days of summer mind you...but the CRAZY days of Summer!!

We are headed out again this weekend. My sweet cousin, Jessica is getting married Friday night!! Jessica is one of those beautiful souls...love her and am looking forward to her special day:) We are headed to Springfield, Missouri in just a few hours and will be there until Sunday. Looking forward to more family time with Dave, the kids, my Mom, cousins and Aunt. Soooo excited!!!

I made time for ME yesterday. Spent a few hours in my studio CLEANING!! I really should have taken before pics but was too embarrassed. Seriously...a MESS!! I always enjoy going through my supplies, sorting and finding little bits of inspiration. So relaxing to me.

I made these ATC backgrounds a few weeks ago...



Instead of my usual acrylic I used watercolors. Love the softness watercolors provide.


I have a grand plan for these cute little cards....inspired by my blog friend Andria from "Drawing Near". I hope to work on these in the next week or so. I will keep you posted!!

In the past 2 weeks I have had so many orders for my Brave Art. It is humbling, really. Several of the projects involve using objects rather than canvas. I am looking forward to putting my ART on other mediums and will share as I go.

Oh and one more thing...



Yesterday I made a proclamation to myself and my family. I am done beating myself up over my house, the laundry, etc. I spend most of my days picking up and cleaning. To be honest...I am tired. I have dreams and goals and art and a LIFE to create!! 

So as of NOW I am letting go of my high standards of cleaning and cleaning and cleaning and just going to be happy. So what if a few things are out of place? It's all good!!

And one more thing....

After spending time cleaning my studio and looking at all my work...

I realized I need studio hours!! 

Yes, I do!!! Sooooo, this weekend going to decide my times and post on Monday. Just making this one small decision feels like a huge step towards my creative dreams!!

Well, I am out of here. Off to family BBQ's and weddings and playing cards and sharing time with some of my favorite people.

So how about you....do you have studio hours?? Please share how YOU make time for your dream!!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for a good weekend and for orders for your Brave Art and yay for studio hours!

    Honestly, I wish I even had a studio, I can't find serenity or peace half the time in my creative space because it is in my bedroom, and when the husband is home he is needing to get by me several times, which means I quit what I'm doing, get off my barstool, scoot in and let him by SEVERAL TIMES........GRRRRR. It frustrates me more than anything and throws me off what I am doing. But for now, that's the space I have.

    Also, I have too many things that I'm trying to learn or do and I feel like I'm all over the place. I want to scrap/make cards, art journal, diy projects, and learn photoshop, try creating on canvas, and then all the other day to day things that needs doing. Too many things and not enough time.

    Enough of my ranting! HOpe you have a wonderful weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I dont but after reading this I am going to try and do this. First I need to unpack that sutff I guess and work on that room. If we would stay home then I would have unpacked the house but that is not something I have taken time to do. Wooops. Have a great weekend. Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about making studio hours. It just seems like so many other "life" activities get in the way! I think I will make this a goal for myself too and try to get some balance. Have fun this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your weekend!!! Unfortunately my studio is my kitchen table! ;-) Since I have my FT job I usually do different things at different times. The weeknights I'll knit while watching t.v. and trying to decompress. Sometimes I do a bit of crafting on the dining room table if I have supplies out. The weekend is when I can get down and dirty with my canvases -- but haven't done that in several months.

    I think it's great that you've decided to relax in the cleaning homefront. I have a sign above my front door that reads "Dull Women Have Clean Homes." That's my motto and I'm sticking to it!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the idea of studio hours! I don't quite have that luxury yet, but the minute it seems feasible, I'm there with you! I can't wait to see how I've inspired you with those ATCs...I'm thinking prayer flags, but we'll see! :-) I hope you're having an awesome wedding weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!