Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's all those Little Things

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.  ~Author Unknown


Oh, girls...life has been hard in the Ackman house for sure...but let me tell you things are getting so much better!! I am grateful for all the little things that have helped me along the way.

Yesterday I received a sweet surprise from fellow blogger and friend Maggie. We met on the Brave Girl's website and quickly connected.  Turns out we have a mutual friend...how crazy is that?! Remember the little girl, Lizzy that had a stroke last year? Well her family used to live in Las Vegas where Maggie lives and they attended the same Ward {church} and they were {and still are} friends! Small world, huh?!

Anyway...check out this awesome card Miss Maggie sent me....



Along with the card she mailed me two fabulous necklaces and this!!!



Soooo me don't you think?

Maggie, I appreciate your thoughtfulness and have a teeny, tiny something headed your way;)


Painting has been helping me through the stresses of the past few weeks...last night I began working on backgrounds for my "Heart" series.



I want these pieces to be full of texture and depth. Many more layers to go here...can't wait to show you what the finished look will be.

I have also been working on more Brave Girls...


My friend Carolyn was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last fall. Her courage and attitude during this most difficult time has been the inspiration for these Girls. Each one is filled with Words to help those women battling cancer.


Each Girl sells for $20.  Now through June 1st...ten of that will go directly to Carolyn's Relay for Life Team. I am sooo excited to help with this wonderful cause.




Looking forward to reading these magazines!! I am a magazine freak. Love them:) 





I was over the moon yesterday when I went to the mailbox and found my latest edition of Somerset Studio.




Not so happy though with this note that came with it...


Hoping I can talk my husband into buying me 2 years this time around...I mean I get that totally awesome clip art CD FREE!

The last thing keeping a smile on my face this week is my daughter Em.

On the Ackman Farm-October 2011



It's been a rough couple of weeks...but my girl...we have overcome a lot and what I know for sure is that I love her. I will protect her and be here for her no matter what! 

We went to Wal-Mart yesterday and she found these....


Lotions and foot scrubs. "Mom, let's have a night of pampering!" I couldn't resist...and at just 98 cents a tube we bought both. Looking forward to spending some "spa" time with my Emma:)


I leave you with this thought...


There must be a tomorrow, because my life overflows today.  ~Lois Chartrand

What little things are you most happiest for today?? Please share!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Leslie,
    I am so glad that you are feeling better. I know that in my life when I felt buried alive it was the many little things all together that got me through. You are loved.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Leslie...i can so relate to that first quote...our life is always tough..one wage with 6 children...expensive living...2 children with big illnesses...teens and adults and hobby and i....i do see joy in the little things..i have to...many people are the same....but then your last quote is true too...totally opposite to the first...but true...it depends on your attitude....i love your girls and you are a sweet friend to donate your profits....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that I've been able to spend some quality time with my son, just him and I! Love your backgrounds and new Brave Girls! And, I'm gonna look for those foot scrubs/lotions at my Walmart - what a deal! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, I hate that it is "my turn" to offer some words of comfort - but I do want you know that I am thinking of you, and only sending you loving thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the art, the jewelry, your paintings, etc. :)
    The foot soak and scrub sounds great - I think I'm off to Walmart today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lelsie, what makes me happy today is knowing that we share a connection through this online world with other like minded souls. It always reminds us (me) that we aren't alone. I sending lots of peaceful thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leslie,

    Loving your canvases!! What a wonderful surprise you got in the mail from Maggie! I'm also a magazine junkie - but it goes in cycles for me. I need to look into the Somerset Studio subscription. I seem to buy one of the Somerset series every month. As a matter of fact I just picked up Where Women Create yesterday! I always drool over the art studios that some of these women have.

    I love the new header and background on your blog! (I don't think I've commented on them yet?)

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Leslie-I am sorry to hear that things are a little rough for you...but your wonderful attitude always shines through. I am so glad that you are focusing on all that brings you joy...art + love + your family. Missed coming over here...been sick for the longest:( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great things in your post today, Leslie! What great gifts from Maggie...love that card. And your backgrounds are looking so rich and awesome! I used to have a subscription to Somerset Studio, and am seriously thinking about starting it back up again...it's been awhile! I love how you have so much fun and treasure your time with your daughter; I know I try to do the same!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!