Wednesday, April 13, 2016

In Six Months can it BE?!

 “I enjoy the spring more than the autumn now. One does, I think, as one gets older.” 



This was me back in 1982.
I was 16 years old.

I remember the day this photo was taken...
one of my best girl friends, Chella took it in my room.





It was the days of 
sleep-overs with friends,
867-5309,
Journey,
school dances,
cruising with friends,
PYT,
 and 
getting the be-jeebers scared out of me by the clown from "Poltergeist".

Fast forward to today...


I am just 6 months away from turning the 
Big 5-0.

Fifty.

I have been anticipating this day for awhile now.
Somehow it scares me.

Life seems to be changing so fast...
yet I can't seem to figure out how to keep up.

This sweet, little gal is my favorite vintage image 
at the moment.




She best represents me at that age.
So full of hope
and dreams
and possibilities.

When I was a kid people that we were FIFTY were OLD.
Like Dead in the ground old.

This is what 49 and half looks like on me...


I don't THINK I look old.
But it's a question I have been asking myself often these days.

Should I REALLY where that?
Isn't it too young?
And let's not forget I am not young anymore...
am 
old.

Or am I?



How old is old?

Is the saying really true...?

"You are only as old as you feel."


For the next 6 months I hope you will join me as I have hi-jacked myArt blog and turned it into my Art/Journey to 50 Blog.

We all get older.
And with age comes...
fear.
Right?
Or is it wisdom?
Is it possible that 50 and up can be even better than 50 and below?

think 
so.


I still have Big Dreams.
I still have goals
and wishes
and aspirations.
I want to LIVE MY BEST LIFE...
starting
TODAY.

Here's to Life at 50...
well, almost.


1 comment:

  1. Leslie! Love your sweet 16 pic...you've barely aged! I love the saying that goes, How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? (or something like that) It's easy to get hung up on the number, when all that really matters is how we feel and what we do. I will enjoy accompanying you on your journey toward 50! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!