Friday, February 19, 2016

Take Three Challenge: Week One



 Creativity is always a leap of faith. You're faced with a blank page, blank easel, or an empty stage.

Our Take Three Challenge began on Monday in our Mind.Body.Soul Facebook group.

Each week for the next five weeks join us for weekly inspiration as we take TWO products and ONE word and create something wonderful! This week our products were alphabet stickers...



I don't know about you but I have oodles of them and don't know what to do with them all!!


  And washi tape.


I LOVE washi tape for it's versatility...you can use it for soooo many things!

Our Word this week is BLOOM.

Now to show you my take on the challenge.

I have had these Thickers from American Crafts for YEARS. They have really lost their "stick-a-bility"...but this font is just so COOL I wanted to use them!



They worked perfectly as a mask! Since they don't stick I just laid them on my page in my art journal and sprayed over with my favorite Dylusions spray ink "London Blue".


I wanted to add just a POP of color to my page...
the washi tape was just the thing!


At first I thought I would only add it to the top right corner...but I liked it so much I thought the bottom left needed a burst of brightness, too:)

Before I even began this challenge I knew where I wanted to go with this page...when I think of BLOOM I think of what we are capable of when we finally stop listening to all the negative nonsense in our heads and replace it with positive words and phrases.

I chose one of my favorite vintage girls and made a speech "bubble" with white cardstock.


Doesn't she just look so authentically HAPPY?!

After cutting out the speech bubble I took my letter stickers (along with a few word and phrase stickers) and began filling it up with goodness!! I then used black ink to outline the bubble to add dimension.


I hope you like my take on this week's challenge! If you haven't found our Facebook group yet be sure and join here!!

2 comments:

  1. Love your journal spread! Bloom was my OLW last year. Will have to get at the challenge

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!