Wednesday, April 22, 2015

70 Days Committment: Watch out World

Find image here


For the past 30 days I have been trying to stay COMMITTed to my desire to lose weight and get back in shape. I started fresh each week only to fail miserably by the end of the week....
or so I thought.

Maybe I wasn't failing after all.
Maybe it just took me this long to
DECIDE how much
I TRULY want this.
That I am sick of feeling this way.

For those of you following along on my 70 Day COMMITment you may recall my words from last week...
Here's to a VERY GOOD week and a VERY GOOD report this Monday!!
When I wrote that I didn't know how good my report would be Monday (or in this case Wednesday)...but I was sure hoping that my COMMITment to a program would FINALLY take hold of me and I would have some success.

I can report that I have had a good week:)
I lost two pounds at my weigh-in Tuesday.
Total weight loss this spring as been 5 pounds.


I think what has finally got me to say...
I CAN do this is Valerie Bertinelli's book.



I know how that must sound..."Really a book written by movie star Valerie Bertinelli?! That's kind of shallow isn't it??"

It's not that I want to look like her (although she looks pretty fantastic!) 
or be a star like her
or rich and famous like her...
No.

It's several other things...
in the book she is MY age...48.
To see someone that's my exact age 
lose weight and get in shape...really helped.

We also share the exact same relationship with food.
And hearing how she handled emotional 
issues with her teen son, Wolfie
WITHOUT eating REALLY helped me.

And the last really big idea that hit me like a ton of bricks was when 
she shares how her LIFE CHANGED. How doors began to open...
how she used to sit at home and eat and watch TV and feel sorry 
for herself BEFORE the weight loss...
but AFTER the weight loss her whole person changed.
She was confident in her own skin,
she smiled more...
walked tall and proud...
and doors began to open.

That's what REALLY got to me.

And so 
I lost 2 pounds this week.
I am going to walk 8,000 steps each day.
Go to Curves 3 times this week.
And plan my meals.



What does YOUR plan look like?

2 comments:

  1. You rock! I love this - and I just yesterday saw that cover and thought, "she looks amazing!" And although its not about her celebrity, she always has seemed to be a "regular" girl with sincerity and kindness, which is why I would have bought too. And maybe now I will. Right there with you - although I don't weigh myself, I have been doing well and am now on my second week of eating really clean again. AND IT DOES feel good! Thank you too for your sweet comment - and I DO BELIEVE that we will meet sometime, I really do! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Leslie...very positive and forward-thinking! I'm pulling for you, and for all of your goals and commitments. You can make this happen!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!