Thursday, December 13, 2012

Studio Tour


 Whenever you are sincerely pleased, you are nourished.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Over a month ago I decided to move my studio. It had been in a perfectly fine spot in our finished basement...but I never really felt at home there. I wanted someplace cozy with lots of sunlight pouring in.

Thanksgiving weekend my amazing husband, son and I moved everything out of the new space and brought all  my furniture and supplies up the two flights of stairs to my new spot...it was quite the mess...:)





I thought this process would never end!! I couldn't believe how much stuff was crammed in this space!!!




This was our computer room/Em's sewing room/catch-all room.







I had so much JUNK crammed in this closet!! It was such a shame we had used one of my favorite rooms in the house as a dumping room!!!




This part of the process took longer than I would have liked. But after a few week of sorting and tossing it was time to bring in all my art supplies!!! Creative Chaos!!!




I literally would just bring my supplies upstairs and dump them in the room...I wanted everything up before I started sorting and putting away.





Finally...just yesterday...I put the finishing touches on my space and I am ready to show you....

My NEW Studio!!!!!

Welcome!!!








Can you see how the beaufitul sunshine just pours in??!!!




Here are the gorgeous windows and window seat!! I love the view from my new space, too...a few houses and a corn field.



All paints. Aren't they pretty??





My inspiration board...




My bookshelf...filled with creative ideas and my Scriptures as well as a special gift from my cousin:)



All my Somerset Magazines!!




My desk where I can write letters, write blog posts and read my Scriptures.




My Brave Art.




That's my favorite photo of myself!! I was 4 years old:)

The art is from a dear friend.



My inspiration wall!!!



A place for paper and other goodies.



A photo of me at my bravest...running my first marathon in Alaska!!



My favorite place for stamps and ink.



I LOVE my art counter my darling husband bought me years ago. One of the best parts about it is the place I can put photos of my family!!





These are all people that mean so much to me.




My workspace...




Yes, I usually stand when I work.



My view while I work inspires me so much!!



The corner cabinet I've had since I was 3 years old.



My closet is now a place for more supplies...



One more look....





I LOVE my new studio!!! I plan on creating more Brave Art here than ever before. I hope you have enjoyed my studio tour!!

7 comments:

  1. Your studio is lovely. The counter is fabulous with your family photos, great idea! Thank you for sharing photos of your new studio area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your new craft studio looks great :) loving your art work

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, inspiring place to work and create in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you had a lot of work to do, Leslie, and you came out with awesome results! You are going to have SO MUCH fun in there. I love seeing your art on your wall. I wish we could all come and make art with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your new studio! I've been trying to organize a space upstairs in our house too, one with a lot of natural light. I've been working down in the basement and it's just not bright enough at this time of year! It's proving to be a lot of work moving all my "stuff" around so I appreciate how much effort went in to yours! Job well done and I'm sure you'll have many happy hours "arting" there! -- Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so good and happy, Les. I love it! Great idea to move your creative space upstairs. You are a sunshine girl, for sure. I need to come and finish my brave girl project. How I wish I could pop by today!! Cant' wait to see the wonderful things that you will create in there!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!