Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Enough aLReaDy! Word and Create!!!!

Okay...so try as I might it has been quite difficult to get this post up. I haven't missed a Monday in months....grrrrr......

I have been having one of those days for several days. 2 migraines, company, lots of cooking, overdoing, you name I have done it. My energy has been zapped!

And just when I thought today
would be a day of nothing but creativity,
blogging and the like...
I must make an emergency trip to a town an hour away...in the snow. {wonderful!}

But you know me...Little Miss Sunshine. I refuse to NOT post something today. I promised you a Word a Week for 52 Weeks and I promised you a 12 Days of Christmas Challenge....so let's get to it!

Our Word for the Week is...
CHARITY

–noun, plural -ties.


generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless: to devote one's life to charity.


something given to a person or persons in need; alms: She asked for work, not charity.


a charitable act or work.


a charitable fund, foundation, or institution: He left his estate to a charity.


leniency in judging others; forbearance: She was inclined to view our selfish behavior with charity.


I chose this word for several reasons. First off because a very dear friend of mine said that Charity needed to be my Word of the Week and second of all because who couldn't use a little Charity this time of year? It is the perfect Word to have on our minds.

This week I choose to have Charity in my heart 
towards all I meet, 
 donate a case or 2 of food to the Ministry Center
  and work on a few days when my family and I can go to the Nursing Homes 
 and sing Christmas Carols.
These are all things which bring joy to me during the Christmas Season.

So, I have mentioned the Words of Me Project 12 Days of Christmas Challenge. However, I haven't told you anything about it. Since all my grand plans for that have gone out the window today here is the condensed version of the Challenge:)

Beginning tomorrow,
December 1st, 
I will post journaling prompts with a Christmas theme. Some are serious....
some light-hearted....all sure to get you in the Holiday Spirit.
You can put everything in a notebook, a scrapbook, ATC's,
file folders...whatever you choose. 
I have an example from a few years back I created as well as what I plan on using this year. 
Please...even if you have NO time 
{and really isn't that all of us?}
please join me for this. It won't take much of your time, it's only for 12 days,
and you NEED some creative time just for you!! {i sure do!!}

I will post our first day Wednesday morning....on my FB Fan Page as well as here. Hope you drop by!!!!!!




4 comments:

  1. You are Woman! Rising above it all and posting this even though forces have been against you! Love your work. Love your idea. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better today and have a safe trip in the bad weather...oh...and...keep all the snow to yourself please!!!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better, you trooper!
    Imspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are LOVELY and I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I wish I was closer, I'd come give you a big hug and we'd share your favorite winter beverage and just relax and chat. *sigh* I'm looking forward to the journey with you my dear!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!