This is a two page art journal spread from my Body Restoration class with the amazing Melody Ross. Yellow and turqoise...my two favorite colors.
Last night I began piecing together a special collage for a young couple getting married today in the Nauvoo Temple.
I don't know the couple but was asked by a friend to create something for them. Aren't they darling?
Over the the past 2 days I've been letting the ideas for this piece simmer. Honestly I wasn't quite sure what would happen.
I thought about what it means to be sealed in one of our Temples...the sacredness of it as well as the love these two have for one another...quite obvious in their photos don't you think?
Yesterday I printed off phrases along with their names and wedding date. Later last night I collaged a few pattern papers on a canvas, arranged photos and words around till I liked them and snapped these photos to share.
Obviously it's not finished. Still lots more to do with the background...paint, stamps, rub-ons and maybe even tissue paper to add texture. Next I'll decoupage the photos and words on then embellish with hearts and maybe a flower or two.
I hope this sweet couple loves the finished piece!
Here's a few Prompts today:
1. I love making cards! Why not sit down and create 2 or 3 cards. That way when you need one...they are ready to go.
2. Create a few fun embellishments. I love making tags and flowers. It's always nice to have extras on hand.
"Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring."
1. If you're looking for fabulous FREE blog templates...stop by Plumrose Lane. They are quirky and have a very vintage vibe. Too fun!
2. I have seen the blog button "Creative Everyday Challenge" around but have never participated in it. Who knows...maybe 2012 is my time to do that...check out all the details here.
3. Butterflies, birds, the colors yellow and turquoise....all inspire me! When you put them all together on an art journal page? Even better! This is one CUTE page:)
Girls...how are YOU doing? I love that you are sharing here in the comment section. I am trying to reply to each comment...be sure and check back for that. You are all awesome!