Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's Show Time!!

This has been a long week and I am so ready for Friday and the weekend. Lots of good, good things that need to get done!

I have 2 art pieces with a deadline...I guess I better get busy:)

You know as I was thinking about what to write today it occured to me...I don't think I ever posted my show photos. And while this particular show wasn't so great sales wise...my Mom and I had a really good time and my courage muscles grew a little bit more.

The show was in a big pole barn...super cold and not very festive as you can see the drab wall behind my table.


Since it was Christmas I used a cheery red table cloth and sprinkled silver tinsel and bows all around.

I like it!


Looking at your work when it's all together like this is so cool. I am really proud of my work.


My Mom snapped this photo of me. I was so happy to be there...yet just a teensy bit worried I would not sell a thing.

By the end of the day I had made my booth fee back plus a bit more. Disappointing, yes but like I said earlier...a learning experience. The kind woman to my left was from Kansas City and had been doing shows for years. She said the crowd at this show just wasn't the right fit for several of us there.

I agree.

I had a chance to do a really nice show here at home in February...I called about a space, shared my work and all that. But when it came down to committing to it I decided not to. A bit crazy maybe but I promised myself I would focus on my health and the Body Restoration class I am taking over at Brave Girl's Club. There is no way I would be ready for a nice show by February along with working out, cooking clean meals and working on my class. There will be other shows and by then my art will be even more amazing!!!

Speaking of Body Restoration...there is still time to sign up. Click here to learn about this class!!

How have you flexed your Courage Muscles lately??

6 comments:

  1. Dearest sweeet Leslie, this is such a beautiful post and i adore your table setting! Love that red table cloth too and that gorgeous photo of you! I am so glad to hear about your show experience and very happy to know it went really well! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wowsers you...that art looks amazing all together and yes,,YOU did it all...what an amazing thingto have achieved, along with doing shows...thats fantastic!!!take care...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie,
    Don't let yourself get discouraged. I know what disappointment feels like. When you put your heart and soul into something and then feel like people just don't 'get it'.... it hurts. But there are those who totally will get it (as you have witnessed at your previous show) and that will make up for it. Just don't give up kid!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been! I would love to see those pictures bigger so I can really see the art! How colorful and lovely it all looks! Thank you so much for visiting me. It looks like I have lots to look at here!

    And like Maggie above says, don't give up...And I am telling myself this now toO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You AND your table look awesome...I wish I could have been there to see all that beautiful art in person. Good for you deciding not to participate in any more shows for awhile while you focus on other things...I think it is SO important to recognize priorities and limits...just about the healthiest thing we can do for ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Leslie,
    I don't know how I missed this post. Your table looks so great and full of goodness! I've done craft fairs too and it's like your heart and soul is on display. Sometimes it's tough but when the right people come along it's magic. I think when I first started visiting your blog you mentioned a little girl who was with her grandmother and her grandmother bought a piece of your brave girl art. It's those moments that you hold dear, that will encourage you to continue.

    Take care,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!