Friday, September 18, 2009

Welcome to my year long project!!

This idea has been running around in my mind for several years. Since I ADORE words so very much, have kept a journal nearly all my life and am always looking for new and creative ways to explore my creativity...I thought it would be fun to create a "Words of Me" journal.

My Blog was created to inspire and encourage you to take a look at your life this year in a very different and very unique way...one word at a time.

Throughout the week we'll be keeping notes on our lives. This journal can be as detailed as you want it to be or not. You can make lists, full sentences or jot down a few events that took place that week...you decide. At the end of our week...there's where the fun begins! At the end of each week we'll look back on the past 7 days and come up with ONE WORD that best describes that week.

Did I mention you can't use the same word twice?

This Challenge officially starts October 5th, 2009 and runs until October 5th 2010. Now don't worry if you start late...just jump right in and get to work!

Throughout the next year we'll be sharing our words with each other. This place will be filled with journaling prompts, scrapbook pages and prizes to keep you coming back and to keep your creativity charged.

I am looking forward to the next 12 months...I hope you'll join me for one amazing journey!

PS...I would LOVE to get the word out about the Words of Me Project. If you love this Blog as much as I do would you please send them my link?

Leave a comment below...I would love to meet you. And if you're an old friend...let me know you've stopped by!!

By the way...stay tuned for one heck of a prize package give away to kick this event off!!

And by the way...I'm not finished putting up links, photos, etc. yet. So if you've stopped by and I know you and you're saying...Hey where is my link?!! It's coming!!!:)

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea Leslie! I think I have just the journal to start off too. :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea-I think I will join, I have been looking for a new journal project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Leslie! Great idea as always. I'd love to join you on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just clicking around blog land and came across your blog...I came back to the beginning to get the whole story. What a fun idea. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's lovely to see how it all started. you (yes you leslie) have really inspired me and i really look forward to reading your blogs :) lots of love being sent your way xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!