Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Week Ten: Eating Fresh


**So sorry, Girls this is a day late. Yesterday was one of those days. I just wasn't feeling well...ouchy neck and migraine. I am on the mend today!!

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."  -Anon.

It's unbelievable we have been working on ourselves for TEN WEEKS now!! I know that I have seen myself improve in several areas and continue to work on my weakest areas. I am so grateful you are joining me...we are gonna have the BEST year of our lives!!!

Before I share this week's theme I wanted to share my journal pages from Weeks 8 and 9.

Week 8 we focused on the importance of Solitude....


I used a very serious girl to show how important finding time to be by myself is. Like my journaling says....it is "Necessary for my heart."


I love using bright colors in my work, circles, diamonds and lots of words and phrases.

In Week 9 we Reflected on the previous weeks and tried our best to work on some of our weaker areas.





This page is a bit different from my usual style.



This is a Dina Wakely inspired page...love her!!!


Ok...so here we are on Week Ten and I am sooo ready!! This week we are focusing on Eating Fresh. It is summer afterall {for some of us anyway!!}...a time when my favorite vegetables and fruits are at their peak.

There is NOTHING better than a HUGE tossed salad with greens from my garden!




This was yesterdays lunch...sooo yummy!!! Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, sweet red onion and homemade italian dressing. My favorite!!!

I also eat lots of berries, peaches and watermelons during this time of year. I wish they were available year round!!

A big part of my 52 weeks goal is to lose some weight and get in shape. When I eat healthy I just plain feel good!!!

This week I want you to really take a look at what and how you eat. Do you eat fresh produce daily? What kinds of fruits and veggies do you typically reach for? What are your favorite ways to eat them? Are you willing to try new kinds of produce? Which ones?

I want you take note at how you FEEL after eating a fresh, healthy meal versus a fatty, junk food type meal. How does sugar affect you? Are you tired, anxious and headachy after? Become aware at how the foods you eat make you feel.

For the next two weeks I want you to create a dinner menu. Taking the time to do this truly does make it easier to eat healthier. Here is what my week of meals looks like...

Monday-steak on grill, mashed potatoes, big salad
Tuesday-Lemon pork chops, rice, salad
Wednesday-Chicken tacos
Thursday-baked potatoes, broccoli, salad
Friday-BBQ pork sandwhiches
Saturday-Leftovers with salad
Sunday-Traveling and in Bemidji....something from restaurant (aim for salads and chicken)

I will be sharing fresh recipes starting today and throughout our next 42 weeks. Pinterest and Allrecipes are my favorite places to go for yummy ideas!!!

This week in our journals why not make a list of fresh, healthy foods that fill us up and make us feel amazing. We could write down how foods make us feel, too so we always have a reminder why its so important to eat clean!!!

Girls, what are YOUR favorite fresh foods?? Pleaase share...I love new ideas for eating!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good one, leslie! I love it and I am so glad the you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are much better.... I woke up wih a massive headache, and still trying to get rid of it.. :-(
    This week is great timing for me, I have been a bit slack with my healthy eating lately.. :-( feeling yuk!!
    We are leaving for an 8 night holiday in sunny Cairns QLD in a couple of days, and I hope to feel more relaxed and eat lots of salads and drink lots of fresh fruit and vegie juice...
    It's so cold here down south (South Australia), our top day temp is about 15C!!! I dislike Winter, so dreary and wet all day everyday!!
    Can't wait to head off to soak in the sun!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!