Friday, August 2, 2013

Fresh Fridays: Please meet My FAvOrITe aRTiSt

"And no one will listen to us until we listen to ourselves. The Goddess awakens in our hearts before she awakens in the world."  -Marianne Williamson, Writer



Welcome to the Weekend and Fresh Fridays. Each and every Friday you can drop by and learn about a cool mixed-media technique, idea or meet an interesting artist to freshen up your creative endeavors. I am always on the lookout for new ideas, products and artists!! They inspire me so:)

This week I wanted to share one of my favorite artists with you...Flora Bowley!!



I'm not sure where or when I first heard about this fabulous artist...but I am sooo happy I found her. Her work is delightful and stirs something in my heart...I LOVE how she paints and what she paints!!

This is one of her recent posts...LOVE it!




All of her canvas's are HUGE! And to watch her paint is a lesson on creating itself. She stands and smears paint, uses various tools and she always has her spray bottle!



No two paintings are alike except for her use of bright, bold colors and shapes.



Her work is FANTASTIC and is the reason I am learning so many new painting techniques!!!

She does offfer a class...oh how I dream of taking it one day,

For now I am happy with her book (that I am purchasing very soon!)



For me art is a feeling. When you see something or create something you should feel it so deep in your heart that you KNOW it's you. That's what Flora's work does to me....it speaks to my heart.



To learn more about this fabulous woman and artist please so here.

What artist is really speaking to YOUR heart right now?? Please share!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree Leslie! She makes me want to paint....and I'm not a painter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the freedom of her work, and am thinking of purchasing her book. I will check out her web site and videos in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!