Monday, October 17, 2016

Heart Revolution Week One....Let's GO!

"Broken-Hearted I started climbing..."
-Hilary Weeks



If there is one thing I know...It's Heartbreak. 
We all do, don't we?
Each one of us carries a burden of sorrow and pain
that sometimes, no matter how hard we try to forget about it, to make it all go away...
it doesn't.

It remains, it seems
to torture and tear us down.
And when we are in the middle of all the pain
it's hard to see the Light that's within us.

Not so long ago I was in the Battle of my life. 
I thought everything I had ever known was gone...
for good.
I invite you to read my story before going any further in our class.
You must know my story and where I come from to fully 
appreciate where "Heart Revolution" came from
and how it not only changed my life
but 
can 
Change
YOURS.


While I was smack dab in the middle of all this chaos I would 
listen to this song by Hilary Weeks

every.
single.
day.



I encourage you to listen to this song everyday this week.
Seriously...
it CHANGED my Heart.
It reminded me that I WOULD get through this time in my life.

It gave me HOPE.

Now let me say before I go any further...
My story you just read...
that wasn't the end of my pain...heavens no.
I couldn't even imagine it at the time but it actually got WORSE...
so much pain was yet to come into my families life and I had no idea.
But isn't that the way it works? 
Just when we think things are bad...
they get worse.
Sometimes they get so BAD we don't think we can go on.
We want so badly to 
stop climbing.

That's what our class is ALL about for the next 6 weeks...
Climbing up that mountain.
Opening our Hearts to ALL that's good.
Realizing that, just like Glenda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz says...

"You had the Power all along, my Dear."

Here's how "Heart Revolution" will work...

Each Monday I will share our Song for the week. I am a BIG believer 
in the power of music. There's few hours in my day when some kind of music isn't playing. 
Music is medicine for the Soul.

I will also share our first prompts of the week, photos, etc. each Monday. 
These will all be in one big blog post. 
Throughout the rest of the week you can expect more prompts,
journal page ideas, my thoughts on the subject, my pages 
AND
don't forget about our WEEKLY GIVE AWAYS!
These will mostly be in the form of posts in our FB group.

Each of you participating has a chance at winning an envelope of treasures to use in your journal pages!! There will be a specific FB post where you can add your name to the drawing each week.

You will want a notebook for sure to answer the prompts. 
You may also want an actual art journal.
I am using the YES YOU CAN composition book for most of my journaling along with the large blue art journal on the upper left. Both of these were found at Wal-Mart for under 10 bucks for both!



Here is what the inside of my notebook looks like using pens and a few pieces of ephemera.




You can also paint in these cheap notebooks and they turn out GREAT!


Using gesso to make the pages stronger is the best way to paint and add art journal type treasures in your notebooks. I will show you a step by step process later in the week!

This is the cover of my Faith journal...again just a 50 cent composition book!


Ok so it's time to get to work! 

Listen to our song of the week...and be sure and watch the video...it is sooo inspiring!! 
I have met Mariama Kolon...she is the african american lady in the video. Her story is INCREDIBLE!!!
And one that I will share later in the week.

Answer the following questions in your notebooks...

1. What Heartbreaks have you been through/are you going through? This can be as detailed as you want. I find when I just sit down with pen and paper and start making a list this is the best way. 

2. What comes to mind when you read this quote...

"If you can't fly then run, of you can't run, then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to KEEP MOVING FORWARD." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Write this quote in your journals and just start writing all your thoughts, ideas and emotions that come up. This would make an excellent journal page as well. 

Ok, that's it for today! I will be posting MANY more prompts and ideas throughout the week in our Facebook Group Mind.Body.Soul.

The weekly blog post will be PINNED to the top and the rest of our prompts, photos, etc will be posted as well as in this file...

Be sure and stop by every day to see what's posted!!

Thank you all so much for being here!!!!1

1 comment:

  1. oh Leslie I loved that video so inspiring and so very emotional. Totally has me crying my eyes out right now. Love you sweet friend and your Beautiful Heart !!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!