Monday, October 31, 2016

Heart Revolution Week Three:Changing our Hearts


"I then awoke desiring to step anew."
The Seven Paths by Good Buffalo Eagle


This is my friend
Good Buffalo Eagle
aka
Ezekial Sanchez.




This man and his teachings 
changed
my 
Heart
FOREVER.

When I think about where I was 5 years ago compared to where I am today...
the difference truly amazes me.

I believe that EVERYTHING in my life has happened for a PURPOSE...
to grow my Heart in ways I never could have imagined. 
It's been the hardest, most sorrowful time of my life...
yet here I am today 
with 
TRUE
JOY
in my Heart.

Most days 
my Heart is full of Peace and Gratitude...
most days.
I still struggle
and am so grateful I can start anew whenever I need to.

It wasn't that long ago I felt like this drawing...


...alone with no life around me.
I would sit on my couch feeling 
scared
alone
angry
sad
empty
jealous
envious
hate
bitter.
I felt like giving up.
My Heart was dry.
No love left.

At one of the lowest points of my life I found my Beautiful Girl in her room.
an empty bottle of sleeping pills on the floor.
I thought my life was over.

But then, right when life was heavy...
oh
so 
HEAVY...

that's when the miracle happened.
That's when we found Anasazi.
That's when the Healing Began.



Before reading any further PLEASE watch this video. It's the ENTIRE basis for Week Three of Heart Revolution. It's not long...just 5 minutes...but it's 5 minutes that will touch your Heart...I PROMISE!!

Over the course of a year my daughter spent 
14 weeks in the Wilderness (7 weeks two different times). 

While she was walking and working on her Heart 
 I was working on MY Heart.
And if there is ONE thing I can pass along to YOU to Heal YOUR Heart it's this...

"Life's walking depends
 on how we feel about others
in our Hearts."

Did you read that right?? 

Our journey, our happiness,
the way we feel about ourselves...
depends on how we feel about others.

It's a hard concept to grasp...
yet so simple.

This was incredibly hard for me to get. The first time my daughter went out on the Trail I thought I was working hard and trying to understand not only HER but ME. Sadly for both of us I just didn't get it that first time. It wasn't until 6 months later when Em went back on the trail that this idea of Walking Forward and Changing my Heart towards OTHERS fully took hold.

OH the FREEDOM this concept gives you!!
When you begin to realize that what other's actions are, what they say, do and even FEEL has NOHING to do with YOU...everything changes.
You begin to realize, as I did, you have been living YOUR life based on what OTHERS are doing.
I used to believe the reason I sat on the couch 15 hours a day was my daughter's fault. 
I would tell myself...

"Well if she wouldn't stay out all hours of the night I wouldn't stay up and worry!" or "I don't know who she is with and she has made bad choices in the past so I feel just helpless I think I will sit on the couch and eat!" 

I didn't know it then but this was me Walking Backwards.
This was me with a Heart full of fear and anger and sadness.
This was me without a Heart of Peace. I was constantly at War with her and myself.
It's an AWFUL way to live.

Today,
after weeks of writing exercises and therapy and practice...
I am Walking Forward.
I know longer look at my daughter (or anyone) as an object that needs to be dealt with.
I try my best to SEE others as what they are...
a living, breathing person with all kinds of ideas and emotions.
I see People with my Heart now.
And THAT has made all the difference.

This is the BIGGEST Heart Revolution my Heart has ever had. 
When we start seeing others with our Heart...
THEY start changing.

It's true! If you don't believe TRY IT!

The next time you see someone on the street, a little worn around the edges...
instead of seeing him as homeless, a drug addict, someone that's lazy and doesn't want to work...
try seeing them as a PERSON. 
Go up to them. Say Hi. Smile. Ask them their name.
See them with your Heart.

That, sweet girls is Having a Heart of Peace.
That is how our Hearts CHANGE.
It's how we BECOME  
joyful
courageous
true
loving
gentle
kind
beautiful
peaceful
happy
remarkable
amazing
people.

This week start writing down people and the feelings you attach to them. 
Use my example of how I felt about my daughter for so long...
Do this exercise for as many people you have negative feelings towards. Be honest. 

Whew!
I know this is a lot to think about.
And maybe not what you thought a true Heart Revolution would look like.
But believe me...
this ONE thing will make a huge impact  on your Heart and your Life!










1 comment:

  1. Wow! I stumbled on your blog through Pinterest....I am so glad I did! Thank you for sharing your heart--it's beautiful!
    Blessings,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!