Thursday, August 23, 2012

What Brave Girls Club Has Done for Me

So life has been humming along the past few weeks.
There have been bumps and bruises along the way and even a few tantrums on my part. But overall we are moving forward in The Ackman Household. We are putting all the yucky stuff behind us and looking towards a bright future.

Five weeks ago I made a promise to myself that no matter what I would be more active throughout my day. I bought a pedometer, a workout DVD and set a few goals. As of today I have kept my promises. I wear my pedometer daily and strive to get in 10, 000 steps. I have quit making excuses for not working out...even when my neck is screaming and all I really want to do is sit. I lace up my shoes and get my bum downstairs and MOVE. Not only am I noticing a difference in my strength but my posture is improving, my appetite is decreasing and mentally I just feel better.




My days are busy ones. I am working quite a bit at The Art Experience as well as spending 2 to 4 hours a day in our shaved ice shack...Kool Kats. I will also be substitute teaching this year in the Maryville School District. The bottom line is we need the money. But you know I have already noticed with working I am actually becoming more creative and creating my art more. It's true what  they say...

when you LOVE something you WILL make time for it!!!:)


Just a few things I am working on for my Blog....

*Twenty Ideas that Will Change Your Life
*First Annual WORD Challenge in October
*Guest blog posts
*Healthy, Easy and Yummy recipes

Throughout this past year I have learned soooo many life lessons. But the ones that keep coming back to lift me up are ones I learned from Brave Girl, Melody Ross.





*Fly Anyway
*Do it Anyway
*I am a Brave Girl
*I am worth it

The list is endless....


I am grateful for Brave Girl's Club philosophy. I encourage you to "Like" them on FB and visit their site today...it has the power to change the way you look at your life!!!

Girls, I have sooo many photos to take!! Kool Kats, my NEW class I'm teaching at The Art Experience, my NEW art, journal pages and more. Today I will try and get a few of those things done so I can share!!

Thanks for being here. Each of you truly matter to me.


3 comments:

  1. Leslie, Brave Girls has lifted me too. I start their art school soon You truly are brave to keep working, striving, and setting goals. Congratulations on your exercise journey. It is so worth it. Thanks for the inspiration.
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie! Your blog banner looks awesome! I also really like your "It is time" piece. Your blog plans looks exciting...can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really proud of you, my friend. When I read this post, it put a smile on my face because you sound STRONG, Stronger than you have in a while. and I don't doubt that Brave Girls are helping you take all the steps you are taking. It's funny, but I have been working (again) the past few weeks, but I actually have been more productive artistically in my free time, when I was the past 6 months. I think when I had time in the day, I never did it because I knew i would have time tomorrow, although "tomorrow" I used the same excuse, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. now that I have been working again, my time is even more valuable, so I am more productive. Does that make sense? Good for you, my friend. I am thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!