Sunday, September 7, 2014

My 100 Days - So Far

“Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.” 
― Eckhart Tolle




Since I began my journey of 100 Days Flying Free...I can honestly tell you...today, I am calmer. I am trying very hard to focus on small things...taking teeny, tiny steps in some cases just so I can MOVE forward.

This is Day 7 of my journey and I have already learned so much.

One of my favorite Brave Art pieces
This week I have...

*taken several walks...making sure I took in my beautiful surroundings, our gorgeous Fall weather
*Tried my very best to choose my meals and snacks carefully
*made time for Scripture Study, really delving into His Word
*I am trying to take every hard situation that has come my way this week and remain calm. This is incredibly hard for me as I tend to overthink most everything
*I have noticed I am not reacting so much to things...another downfall of mine.
*Spent time with my Mom and girl...making sure we did what they wanted. Being an only child I can be so selfish when I am with my Mom...always expecting her to do what I want. She is going through breast cancer and chemo treatments at the moment...it is so hard

There have been moments this week when I think...there is NO WAY I can ever Fly Free. Life is so complicated and messy and I am a wreck. But then I will think about Melody Ross from Brave Girl's Club and what she always says...you have to get through those rough, yucky times so you can really start to heal.

And that's what I am trying to do...heal my heart, break free from all the junk that weighs it down and   FLY FREE.


 Girls, my amazing, sweet, crazy husband came home last night and announced..."Pack your bags we are leaving for Arizona!!" I was like...WHAT??! You see there is something going on there this Tuesday and our dearest friends ever will be there and we so wanted to go...and so we are going!! Nothing like the last minute right? Did I mention we live nearly 1,300 miles from Arizona??!!

We are leaving TODAY:)

I ADORE this man!!

 I honestly cannot believe how BLESSED I am!! In just 5 WEEKS I will be here!!!



 I am headed to Folly Beach South Carolina to teach art to some AMAZING women!! I still can't believe it is happening!! Sooooo happy and excited!!!!!!!!!!

Girls, my wish for you is that YOU will begin your own Flying Free journey. Make a list of things you really want to work on. What is weighing so heavy on YOUR heart?

It is time to BREAK FREE from our burdens and FLY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your update...sounds like you are well on your way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great post...you sound like you are finding some real contentment. And what a FUN spontaneous adventure you are on!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!