Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Winners Listen to Their Hearts

"I believe there's an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts."  -Sylvester Stallone


What a whirlwind life I have been leading lately! Just over a week ago my wonderful husband came home and announced we were trekking to Arizona to meet friends and just let go. We had never been to the Southwest so what a WONDERFUL adventure we had!! My favorite place was The Grand Canyon. OH MY!! Have you ever been?? If not you MUST put it on your Bucket List and get there someday...AMAZING!!!

It's Day 17 of my my 100 Days of Flying Free and what a whirlwind that has been! I am committed to this journey of mine and it shows...in how I interact with others, how I talk, how I walk, how I feel.
 
"Seek out that particular mental attitude which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, "This is the real me," and when you have found that attitude, follow it."  -William James

So many things are changing in my life, some I have control over and some I don't. All I know is that since I made my 100 day journey commitment 17 days ago I have learned and done so much!

Have you ever read this book ?



I had heard about it years ago and even checked it out from the library...but I never read it. Why not??  This book is FULL of TRUTHS...MY TRUTHS! Wow!! I found the book at my local Dollar Tree a few weeks ago...the BEST dollar I ever spent!!!  Geneen puts FOOD and why we eat it in perspective. I get it now!! I eat when I'm worried, when I'm sad, stressed, bored, happy, procrastinating. I eat for ALL the wrong reasons!! I rarely eat when I am HUNGRY!!

Ok, you might say...well that is what's called an emotional eater...and I would tell you yes. However, what Geneen is doing for me is making me SEE the emotions...she is helping me take time before I eat and ask myself..."What emotion am I feeling right now? Is this hunger or is it an emotion?" Life changing stuff for me I tell you!!

One of the best parts of my journey so far is making time for Scriptures. I have joined several on-line groups that I am LOVING!! Kingdom Come  and Bible Journaling are two Face Book groups I am enjoying!! If you are looking for a community of women who love Christ then these are for you:)

A page I created for my Kingdom Come Study Group

Girls, I am so grateful for my life. I am grateful for the chance I get every day to BE BETTER and DO BETTER!! If you are on your own Flying Free journey please share your progress!! I would LOVE to hear all about it!!!


2 comments:

  1. Awe, it all sounds wonderful! I love your happy attitude (I can feel it from here) and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too! Love to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your Kingdom Come page here, Leslie! I just read about the Bible journaling group on Facebook, and think I might join soon as well. I'm going to be blogging about my scripture journaling soon...I hadn't done it for awhile, and I'm back into it for 1 Peter, and really loving how it makes me look at the scriptures so closely. (And it just looks really cool, too. Ha!)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!