Here is my list along with one of my favorite photos...it's me, taken at Mile17 during the "Mayor's Midnight Sun" Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska...June 1999.
Leslie's List of "She Did It Anyway"
1. I had never ran a mile in my life-ever. I ran TWO marathons anway.
2. I was scared to death of water and didn't know how to swim I finished a TRIATHLON anyway.
3. I was made fun of relentlessly in grade school. I played the lead in every school play in High School anyway.
4. I made many, many mistakes in college and was hurt so bad. I graduated from college anyway and landed my dream job anyway.
5. I had never written for the newspaper and was told over and over again I needed a degree for that. I wrote a weekly column in our local paper for 5 years anyway.
6. I was told I was worthless and not pretty enough and not skinny enough. I met my Prince Charming, got married and had a beautiful family anyway.
7. I was told it's a waste of time and silly to have a blog. I have met some of my best friends because of my blog and have over 200 Followers anyway.
8. I was told I wasn't creative and never would be. I paint, doodle and create daily anyway.
"To perservere, trusting in what hopes he has, is courage in a man. The coward despairs." -Euripides
I encourage you to make your own "She Did It Anyway" list. When you see all it is you have done "anyway"...it is empowering!!
Tell me one thing you do ANYWAY!!