Monday, November 23, 2009

My wonderful WORD for 11/16-11/22

Oh, joy!! It finally happened...I had such an amazing, happy and FUN week!! This past week was filled with time spent with my children, my husband and learning a lot about myself. Here is my WORD for the week...

CHEERFUL

–adjective
1. full of cheer; in good spirits: a cheerful person.
2. promoting or inducing cheer; pleasant; bright: cheerful surroundings.
3. characterized by or expressive of good spirits or cheerfulness: cheerful songs.
4. hearty or ungrudging: cheerful giving.

Here is a bit of why my week was just so CHEERFUL...

*My son Jackson was in his first HS play Thursday and Friday night. I was so proud of him. Just watching him, a bit nervous, yet doing his absolute best brought me such joy. My son has struggled in school his whole life. This year has been so different!! Seeing him on that stage helped reassure me that Jackson is going to be okay. Our whole family just laughed and played right along with the play that was called "The Ballad of Gopher Gap". It was a melodrama so we got to play along. VERY FUN!!

*My daughter and I along with several friends got to be the first people to see New Moon in our town. I felt like I was in HS again, standing in line, giggling with my girlfriends then oohing and ahhhing over Jacob!! Such fun:)

*Dave and I shared some time together Saturday night watching our favorite show at the moment Dexter. We just finished up the 2nd season. We also had several good talks this week. I sure do love my husband!!!!

*Christmas music started on XM/Siruis radio Monday. I've been listening to it daily and bursting with the Christmas spirit.

*We have picked our 2 families we are going to help this year. I know we have chosen well and look forward to helping these 2 young ladies out and bringing a bit of joy to them during this difficult time.

*My Mom, Em and I spent one late afternoon/evening at a HUGE craft auction!! We not only got lots of bargains but we had fun just spending time together.

*We had the YM and YW over to our home Wednesday night for dessert and a devotional.

What about you? How was your week? What word would you choose to describe it? Remember to leave a comment or share your word to win a stamp from Hero Arts!!!

I'll leave you today with another fun RETRO holiday memory!!! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!