Monday, November 9, 2009

I've had the flu...and my Word

I'm feeling yucky...oh so yucky...Last night I had that rumbling feeling in my tummy. You know the one that says "Tomorrow's not gonna be a very nice day". I was in bed by 7:30, woke up at 6:00 this morning and continued to sleep off and on all day. BLECH!

Now I'm all hot and sweaty, so tired of just laying around all day that all I've done is toss and turn in bed...so now I'm up, it's late and I'm writing in my Blog. I hope tomorrow is a better one.

So, last week was a another good one. while life is still going full speed ahead, I made some time for fun!! My favorite part of last week was helping at my 14 year old son's Speech and Debate Tournament Friday and Saturday.



I had so much fun listening to Public Forum Debates, Storytelling and Dramatic Interpretation. Brought back a million memories from my HS speech days.

I fit in a night of scrapbooking with a couple of old friends Friday night and Saturday after the tournament Jacks and I went and saw "Paranormal Activity". All in all an awesome weekend!!

I've decided my Word of the Week is

CONTENT

con⋅tent
2  /kənˈtɛnt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kuhn-tent] Show IPA
–adjective
1. satisfied with what one is or has; not wanting more or anything else.
2. British. agreeing; assenting.
3. Archaic. willing.
–verb (used with object)
4. to make content: These things content me.
–noun
5. the state or feeling of being contented; contentment: His content was threatened.
6. (in the British House of Lords) an affirmative vote or voter.

Last week was just a good, content week. I was happy just being a wife, a mom and puttering around the house, picking up kids from games and practices and hanging out with my family for down time. No drama, no trauma...just good, normal stuff. It was nice.

This week has started out on a bad note with me being sick...but I have a feeling, as the week progress's it will get better. I have a few "big" ideas I want to start working on plus Thanksgiving is right around the corner. And this weekend we all head to Columbia for Em's big soccer games at the "Missouri Show Me Games".

*************************************************************************************

Remember I would love to hear your words. Please share them with us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!