Monday, November 24, 2014

My Documented Life Journal

"You have to erect a fence and say, "Okay, scale this."  -Linda Ronstadt



This time last year I was making plans for my Word for 2014, losing weight by working out at Curves and promising myself that I would add more ART to my life. Looking back on the year...I have done pretty well at keeping true to my Word (MOVE) and really putting myself out there with my art. (still working on the losing weight thing...that's a whole other post).

One of my favorite groups I participated in this year was the Documented Life Project...LOVE IT!!





This is my journal...made from a simple 50 cent composition notebook. I take this planner everywhere with me and always get someone asking me what it is and how can they get one...lol. This year the girls over at Art to the 5th are planning something different...this year we are working with the Dylusions Journal. Have you ever worked with one of these?



Oh gosh...it is AMAZING!! The quality of it is excellent...I know it will hold up to all the paint, ink and other stuff I will put it through:)

Here is what MY journal looks like...


This is the cover. Lots of bright paints, spray ink and words that speak to my heart.


This is the back of my journal...more paint, inks, and WORDS!




You can go here to find out all about 2015's Documented Life Journal.

This year I am REALLY going to stretch myself and continue to grow by putting myself out there even more. One of the areas that needs work is my painting skills. I love painting...messy painting, mostly. This year I am challenging myself to Paint Happy and have put together a fun FB group so YOU can join me! Read all about it here.

Have a Beautiful and Blessed Thanksgiving friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. You've really transformed that composition book, Leslie! I was hoping to participate in the Documented Life project this past year, but did not stick to it. I'm curious to look at the plan for 2015, though! I'm super curious about the Paint Happy group...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Really happy to have come across your blog :) I've already signed up for The Documented Life Project and I have just ordered the Alena Hennesey book.... which has been on my Amazon wish list for a few weeks..... you prompted me to order it with your 'Paint Happy Challenge'

    Thank you and Happy Christmas!!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!