Sunday, June 9, 2013

Week Two-We're going on a Mission

"Success is a journey, not a destination. Just being a part of the process means you're succeeding." -Anon.


Can you feel it, girls? We are embarking on an incredible journey. We are not sitting still and waiting for our life to change. No...we are standing up and creating the life we want. The life we are meant to live.

I love it.
How about you?

It has been wonderful reading about all your routines and seeing  your pages!! It seems like everyday I am adding new members to our Facebook group, too. Love that so much. I am inspired by all of the hard work each of you is putting into our class and can't wait to see what you think up for our second week.

Week 2: Your Mission Statement

Now before I lose you here...our mission statement is not the boring old things you're thinking of. Nope. This is one that is full of love and light to guide us through our days and inspire us to become all that we were meant to be.

Several years ago I made my first Mission Statement using Stephen Covey's 7 Habits as a guide. It was awesome to get my values and talents and goals on paper. Then last year I took Brave Girl Melody Ross's "Soul Restoration Two" on-line class and created another one with a Brave Girl twist. I made a two page spread in my journal and added photos of myself.





I refer often to my Mission Statement, especially when I am losing sight of what's really important in my life or when I get down on myself.








Our "Being Me" Mission Statement involves ten questions I want you to ask yourself this week. Be sure and give yourself all week to do this project...I want you to really think about the questions and your answers. I would create a 2-page spread for your mission statement. Be sure and use your favorite colors and papers to reflect your personal style. Here is the first layer of my new "Being Me" Mission Statement.


I will add at least 4 more layers to my pages before any writing goes here!!

Okay...on to our TEN QUESTIONS...


1.  My mind, body and soul are very important to me. I promise to take care of them by...

2.  I know I was put on Earth to....

3.  When I pass from this world I want others to remember these very good things about me...

4. When I do these things I know I am the Best me I can be...

5. I need to avoid these things in order to be the TRUE ME...

6.  "Being Me" happens when I take time to do my favorite things...

7.  I am my very best self when I can spend my work life doing these things...

8. I have BIG DREAMS and I know if I spend my time doing these things I will live them...

9.  I know how important my Morning Routine is and will try my very best to incorporate these things in it daily...

10.  Each of us is born with great talents. I will make time to nurture these talents and share them with others.....

    My Talents are...                                Ways I will use them...



Girls, I would take time to answer these questions in a journal or just on a piece of paper. Take your time. At the end of the week you should be able to create your 2-page spread. You CAN do this!!! It will be so worth it...I promise:)


"To get out of a prison, you must become aware that you are in one."  -Mark Victor Hansen



It's time, girls...Believe in yourself!! 


*Join our Being Me class here. {it's free!!}
*Join our Facebook group here.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! And just what I needed today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Betty!! AWESOME!!! So happy you are here. I drop by your blog to catch up!! Happy to see you are doing well. I think about you. I know you have had a rough year. Let me know how your mission statement goes!!!

      Delete
  2. WHAT a wonderful post! I love those questions at the end - I actually just copied and pasted them on to a word doc so that I could refer to them myself. Thank you!
    AND YES, I was so happy to see that you won the Blick cert!! You absolutely deserve it :)))
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great questions, Leslie! I can't wait to give them some thought, and get my ideas down on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love self analysing myself and these questions have given me food for thought. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did it. I wrote my mission statement and created a page for my art journal. My supplies and talent are very limited, so I went with a simple collage. Hopefully this course will inspire me to try new techniques. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where in this world is the link to the Facebook page. I can't find you out there. Oh, please help ............
    ...................
    .................................................................................. lost me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey thanks for linking to me love!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel that its a bit shitty that this is for girls and it says girls in it so many times, all sorts of people could benefit from this and althought its amazing i felt put off every time i read the word girls. Sometimes boys want to as well

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!