Sunday, June 23, 2013

Week Four: Sleeping Rocks!

Sleep is the best meditation.
Dalai Lama 



It's Week 4, Girls. How are you doing?? I must admit...the past four days have been sooo busy and my Morning Routine went by the wayside. Let me tell you...I missed it terribly!! AND I could TELL I hadn't made time for it. When I put my ROUTINE number one on my Priority List...the rest of my day just falls in place. Good to know:)

We have been doing LOTS of writing and thinking the past two weeks with our Mission Statements and Absolute Yes List. It's time for a nap, don't you think??! Ha!

Speaking of my Yes List...here is my journal page for the week.


 I really love how it turned out!
 I think my favorite part is this reminder to be a BRAVE GIRL and protect my time. When I do this my Life will be sooo GOOD:)



Another reminder I need to read daily!!!



Making my Absolute Yes List really opened my eyes to how much time is wasted on social media, games and television!!

A close-up of my list:)


Okay...now on to Week Four...

Now I don't know about you but I am a Night Owl for sure...especially in the summer time.  Nothing beats staying up till midnight or after, watching a favorite movie or creating. However...most days I am up by 8 and with a full schedule throughout the day...I am just not getting my sleep! 

Most of us know that getting adequate sleep is vital to how we function everyday...when I don't get enough I am a GROUCH! The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute say this about sleep:

Sleep plays a vital role in good health and well-being throughout your life. Getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety.

The way you feel while you're awake depends in part on what happens while you're sleeping. During sleep, your body is working to support healthy brain function and maintain your physical health. In children and teens, sleep also helps support growth and development.

Getting enough shut-eye is always important when it comes to losing weight. Did you know women are more apt to lost weight faster when they get at least 8 hours a night?

Girls, this week I want you to make a list on what happens when you don't get enough sleep. Maybe  your energy level is low all day, you are grouchy {like me!} or  you have a hard time staying focused on tasks.

Next I want you to add an extra HOUR of sleep to your day. Go to bed an hour earlier, take a nap or sleep in a few mornings this week.

And lastly {my fave} I want you to take time this week to make your bedroom a sanctuary. A quiet place you can come and rest. Maybe add some candles, wash your bedding or re-arrange your room. I have been collecting items the past month so I can re-do my room. This week I am looking for a new bedspread in my favorite colors...aqua and yellow. Don't worry...I will share pics:)

Girls...this week is the perfect time to be kind with yourself. Allow yourself to rest and renew.

Have a GREAT week!!!

PS...Be sure and share your journal pages with us at Mind.Body.Soul.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to do this! I'm moving into a new house in one week and can't wait to get my life reorganized-- first thing is making my bedroom a sanctuary. My house is torn apart due to packing and I can tell a huge sufferance in my peace and happiness level-- I'm constantly annoyed. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could re-do my room, I would love for it to be nothing more than a sanctuary. However, my condo is so small (2 bedroom/1 bath) that my bedroom doubles as my craft room, which was ok, when I was single. Add another person to that space and it can become crazy and chaotic. Maybe because I don't have my own studio space and a separate bedroom space added to the fact that I have a lot of issues sleeping....well that could be the reason I am always irritated. Hmmm!

    Great post Leslie, would love to add more sleep, I am a night owl too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!