Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Growing Up is Hard to Do!

I woke up a bit melancholy today. 

You see today is the day...



This silly, goofy,
ball of energy...



My little shadow....
has his Senior pictures taken.




Right after Jackson was born
I would sit on the couch with him...
just staring at his sweet, little face...
hardly believing he was all mine.

Throughout the years we have always been close.
He's my Jackson Boy.



Today I am trying to 
EMBRACE 
the idea 
that my little boy
is becoming 
man.



And he is ready.
It's me that wants to stay...
right where I am.
I want both kids 
here under my roof...
needing me to be their Mom.


But again...
I am trying 
to EMBRACE this new life 
as he talks of nothing but
moving out and going to college.

Oh what will I do without his
"Hey, Mom I'm HOME!!! What's for dinner??"

What will I do without 
all his friends running around 
in our home...sounding like a herd of elephants
and driving me nuts?

What will I do when 
it's late at night
and I can't sleep so 
I ask Jacks to 
stay up late with me
and watch a movie?

I will take a deep breath
and try my best to 
EMBRACE 
it 
all.

My sweet boy 
made the front page of the paper today!!



I am so proud of him and his accomplishments!!
I KNOW he will be a success at whatever he chooses!!!

It's hard when something you know, something you're used to
comes to an end. And the thought of Jackson not living here 
with us...is hard.

But 
know
this 
is 
part 
of 
growing
up....

for
both
of 
us.


And instead of  dwelling on how sad I am to see him go...

I will enjoy everything I can with him right now.


I will EMBRACE each moment...
take everything in and tuck each memory in my heart for safe keeping.

I love my Jackson...
and when the time comes 
I will see him off 
with a smile
knowing I have done my very best.



"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." – Dr. Seuss

5 comments:

  1. Know how you feel. My Hannah brought her grad tassle home today. 2013 Told her to put itin a safe spot in her room so it would be easy to find for the ceremony next spring. As I write this I want to cry thinking about it time goes to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,

    Know that you've done a great job as his mother! I don't have any kids of my own so I can't imagine how you feel. You and your husband have raised a fine young man. Be proud!

    Thanks for visiting me today. I've been MIA and not steady on blogging the last couple of weeks.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a touching, heartfelt post. I have a sweet three and a half year old Jaxen, who I spend my days with...and can only imagine how tough this day will be. But, what a beautiful attitude you have about your Jackson's approaching manhood. :) Thank goodness we have art to ease our emotions. Thank you for sharing your 'mommy heart." That is a GREAT Dr. Seuss quote too. LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those photos of the car driving away...so touching! The photos of Jackson as a little boy are absolutely so PRECIOUS! I can only imagine that conflict of feeling pride in the people our children have begun and the desire to hold them back to be our own forever! I know that I will feel that with my own girls...before I know it!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!