Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Break from the Ordinary and SNOW!!

So today I get a {break} from routine. No cleaning, sorting socks, emptying dishwashers, dusting, scrubbing toilets or shaking rugs. Nope. Not today. Today I get to ride a big bus to Kansas City with approx. 60 other folks for an afternoon dinner theater. My wonderful mom goes on these trips every other month. This month she surprised me with a ticket!! I am so excited!!:) AND looking forward to the lead actress in today's performance...it's Hot Lips from M*A*S*H!! [Loretta Swit] We leave in 2 hours...can't wait!

On another subject...the weather. My goodness. I don't know what it's like where you live but here...

 
This is ALL WE'VE SEEN FOR MONTHS!!!

Yesterday when I took the kids to school I really took time to {see}. And wow, even though I'm sick of the white stuff...it truly was beautiful. I took these photos so I could share.




  

I couldn't resist this one with my sweet little Pooh peeking his head above the now...
So, yeah...I am exhausted by all the snow, the ice, wearing bulky sweaters and coats and I miss going outside for my workouts...but truly, these were some awesome moments to capture.

Before writing this post today I stopped by one of my favorite Blogs on the Web, From Chaos Comes Happiness. Click here to see what I found. Too funny:)

2 comments:

  1. The pictures ARE beautiful, Les! It is reminding me of the beauty of this season. Here today it's cloudy and gray and the plow trucks have left piles of gray snow on the sides of our street - YUCK!! But, when looking at your gorgeous photos - I almost think I can stand it a "little bit" longer! (But JUST a little bit!) Thanks for the shout out to my blog! SO appreciate it!!! And tell us how the play was - I LOVE stuff like that, and don't do it as often as I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments on my SITS day. we are all weary of this winter weather when it is gloomy & dark, but then when snow sparkles on a sunny day...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!