Friday, March 17, 2017

Organic Scribbles Inspired Art


"Life is a succession of moments.
 To live each one is to succeed."

Corita Kent, Artist

It's Week Two of my series Creating Dina Wakley Inspired Art.
This week I am playing with one of her latest stamp sets...




To be honest I just wasn't too sure how to use these stamps.
I was trying to come up with all sorts of creative ideas...
in the end I just let go and had so much fun! 
I can already tell this will be one of my "go-to" sets.

My first project is a page in my Dylusions journal.



See all those delightful scribbles
 on the lower left side of my page?

Another journal page...this time in
 Dina's new Mixed-Media Journal.




This time around I tried out the kraft paper...nice and sturdy so you can add so many layers.
On this page I chose to just 
and more scribbles. Other Dina stamps 
used can be found here and here and here.

Of course I had to create a couple of tags...they are always my favorite!!
Tags are a great way to "warm-up" when I am just not sure what I want to do.



The scribbles make this tag more visually interesting. LOVE it!!
And look how well Dina's Silhouettes go with it.
That's a Quote Chip by Tim Holtz in the center.

My second tags using Scribbles along with a Paper Doll from Tim Holtz.


And lastly I created a 6x6 canvas...


Dina's Stars and Phrases look perfect with one of my Angel Girls.
The pink tape with stripes is her Media Tape I painted myself...

And using one of her Scribble stamps I stamped around the edges using her Turquoise paint.


I invite you to watch my Organic Scribbles video on YouTube...
be sure and watch in full screen to see everything perfectly.



Thank you for stopping today!!

1 comment:

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas...they inspire me!! I will be visiting you soon. Have a CREATIVE day!!